Cozumel and the Cenotes were a big hit for Deep Blue Travelers! 10 divers enjoyed the 7 dives- 1 night dive- off the coast of Cozumel and the 2 dives in the Cenote, Taj Mahal. Besides diving and seeing an array of amazing organisms- such as sea turtles, nurse sharks, frog fish, spotted eagle rays, eels, etc- we enjoyed being poolside and taking in the relaxation side of vacation with local beverages. The last full day of the trip, Deep Blue Travelers also went Dune bugging to the beautiful Jade Caverns where we went cliff jumping and played in the clear water.
We stayed at the Hotel Cozumel, a beautiful 4-star resort with a large swimming pool and jacuzzi, 2 restaurants, a day time snack bar, and a full service bar. Amenities included Free WIFI, free lockers, a gym, in-room safes, a beach club, and nightly entertainment.
Cozumel is world famous for its beautiful coral reefs and drift dives, we will have the opportunity to see both of these and much more.
At only $2,075 (paying cash? Only $1,975), the trip was an incredible value! Trip Included:
- Round trip airfare from LAX to Cozumel
- Shuttle to and from both airports
- 5 nights accommodation at Hotel Cozumel
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day at Hotel Cozumel
- Drinks, non-alcoholic and domestic alcoholic beverages
- Three days of 2 tank morning dives in Cozumel (tanks and weights included) and one day with 2 dives in the Cenotes.
- Bellman fees and maid fees
- A Deep Blue representative handling the details so that when you're on vacation you get to act like you're on vacation.
What was not included? Not too much but here are some (probably all) of those extras:
- Any meals/drinks while traveling - sorry, airport beer is expensive. ;)
- Nitrox - $10/tank
- Rental gear - $16/day
- Dive shop/meal/drink tips
- Checked bags (American Airlines)
- Park fees ($2/day)
- Single Room Upgrade (adds $370) Conversely if you put 3 people in one room the price drops a bit