Beginner Open Water Certification - $475
This is it! This is where you start if you want to explore the underwater world! This course gives you a lifetime, internationally recognized certification to dive to 60 feet/18 meters.
At Deep Blue, we believe students learn the best with more individual instructor attention, so our classes never have more than 4 students. We know your time is valuable and with our onsite indoor heated pool, your time commitment to finish your certification is one of the shortest in Southern California. From start to finish, the entire class is completed in less than one week and the class is offered EVERY week.
The cost of the Open Water Certification ($475 per person) course covers online eLearning, course materials, pool time, instruction, rental gear and air fills. Not included in the price are personal items (mask, snorkel, fins, boots, and gloves) and tip for your instructor. Should you decide to purchase any or all of that equipment with Deep Blue, you receive a discount on the equipment.
When's our next available class? Check out our calendar here.
The class typically breaks down as follows:
1) Complete the PADI Open Water e-Learning (averaging 8-16 hours of online academic work)
2) Course Consultation - We set up a dedicated 1-on-1 appointment the Sunday before your class to finalize your paperwork, set you up with rental gear, and take a look at what items you may need to purchase for the class.
3) Pool Work - 2 weeknight evenings (typically Tuesday & Thursday or Monday & Wednesday) from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM getting comfortable with the gear and reviewing the necessary skills. Friday is available if extra time is needed. (Additional fees may apply)
4) Ocean Dives - Meet your instructor at the beach at 7:00 AM for 2 dives on Saturday and 2 dives on Sunday. Locations depend on ocean conditions and include local sites in Corona del Mar, Laguna Beach, Palos Verdes, and Redondo.
5) Finalize Your Cert - Come back to the shop to learn how to clean your gear, sign off on your certification, and celebrate! You'll be certified by 1:30 PM on Sunday.
Discover Scuba Dive
Not Sure If Diving Is For You? Try a Discover Scuba Dive
$100 per person - Two-hour course, Sundays at 12:00 PM
We understand that some people are a bit apprehensive about breathing underwater. We get it; people aren’t fish. But if you’re curious about diving, this is the course to figure out how much you like it. During this two-hour course, you will be in an indoor heated pool with a Deep Blue Professional, learning a few basic skills and having a lot of fun! If you choose to commit to a full Open Water Scuba Course, you'll receive a $50 discount on the cost of the class.
Missing the Water After an...Extended Surface Interval? Try a Scuba Refresher
$100 per person - Two-hour pool session, Sundays at 12:00 PM
Recommended for anyone that has taken a break from diving, this two-hour pool session goes over all of the basics skills from Open Water. You’ll regain your confidence in no time.