Project AWARE Specialist
Project AWARE’s philosophy is to mobilize a global force of scuba divers and water enthusiasts who care about protecting the world’s water resources and choose to make a difference – one dive at a time. By earning the Project AWARE Specialist certification, you’ll be aware of the most pressing problems facing vulnerable aquatic environments and know what everyday actions you can take to help protect them. There are no prerequisites, age restrictions or water sessions required for this non-diving specialty.
- How Project AWARE unites scuba divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
- About environmental issues in the ocean commons and coastal zones.
- About fisheries challenges and sustainability problems.
- What’s happening to coral reefs and reef inhabitants.
- Your role in protecting aquatic environments.
This course can be completed in a few hours at the shop. Make sure to check our DB Scuba calendar to find out when we're next running it. Let us know if you are interested, but don't see it on the calendar – we can always add sessions.
The price of the course is $75. This includes materials, instruction, certification, and our full rental package (BCD, regulator w/computer, wetsuit, hood, tanks, and weights).